Posted on: Apr 13, 2017
We are quickly approaching the July 12th marker, when monetary penalties are expected to be implemented by the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) to freight forwarders deemed to be non-compliant with e-Manifest filing requirements.
What are Deployment 4 (D4) Notifications?
- Prior to D4, status updates were based on CCNs submitted by users; Release Notification System (RNS) messages based on the status of the release only.
- The new (D4) eManifest notices are be based on the overall shipment status. eCLEAR will display status changes upon receipt from CBSA.
- D4 notifications will advise on the completeness of advance data submitted to the CBSA, as well as the arrival and release statuses of shipments.
Below you will find a summarized timeline on where we are regarding the full implementation of CBSA's eManifest filing requirements.
eManifest Implementation Timeline
- From November 7, 2016, to January 10, 2017: As of November 7th, NVOCC filing details became mandatory for the Canadian Border Services Agency's (CBSA) eManifest filing regulation. Between this date and January 10th, 2017, the CBSA provided freight forwarders with a period of transition during which penalties for non-compliance were not issued.
- From January 11, 2017, to July 11, 2017: Freight forwarders deemed to be non-compliant with eManifest requirements may be issued zero-rated penalties (non-monetary) under the CBSA's Administrative Monetary Penalty System (AMPS).
- Beginning July 12, 2017: Freight forwarders deemed to be non-compliant with eManifest requirements may be issued monetary AMPS penalties.
Vilden Associates have been certified for eManifest HBL filings since May 2014, and are certified for the new D4 status notifications. Contact us today and see how our solutions can help you fulfill your ACI and eManifest requirements!
Click here to view the most current information on the CBSA website.