Vilden Associates, Inc. was founded in 1978 by Armando Villavicencio, who had acquired extensive experience in the maritime shipping industry as Director of Information Systems for a large stevedore company that provided consulting and computing services to numerous steamship lines and steamship agencies. During the first five years of operation, the company served its client base primarily as consultants and systems developers, performing tasks from feasibility studies to contract programming.
By 1985, the company was offering an array of new services which included design and implementation of data communications networks, applications development, EDI, business process improvement, and hardware sales and installation. By this time the company had developed packaged and customized software applications for liner and agency companies, LTL trucking, NVOCCs, container freight stations and container drayage. These developments were evolutionary as well as complementary to the original service offerings and Vilden was one of the first organizations to offer complete turnkey software applications.
With advancements in information technology, our company’s strategy changed from selling solutions for clients to operate and manage on their own servers to hosting turnkey and customized solutions on our cloud at Vilden’s global data center in Mobile, Alabama for our customers to access via portal. For example our e-CLEAR Customs Filing System allows you to directly deal with US Customs and other government agencies without the burden of developing and deploying your own system or paying another service to file for you. This saves the customer time, labor and long term costs while delivering access to Customs at an affordable price. This strategy has been successful beyond our expectations and offers clients the ability to deploy best of breed applications globally with a very low cost of entry and minimal cost of operation; beyond doubt, the lowest Total Cost of Ownership of any similar offering.
Our Vision and Mission Statement, Goals:
To be the standard of excellence for Information Systems Solutions for the global logistics industry.
Corporate Mission Statement
- To provide clients the highest value per dollar invested in Information Systems Solutions.
- To provide employees with an environment conducive to personal, financial and professional growth, where organizational goals are not achieved at the expense of individual dignity.
- To provide stakeholders with superior returns for their investment and risk as measured by long term capital appreciation.
- To provide the most effective Information Solutions as measured by cost per unit of production and ROI.
- To become the benchmark of the industry for responsiveness to clients.
- To satisfy 100% of our clients.
- To improve our position as a leading provider of technology solutions.
- To foster long term relationships with our employees.
- To provide employees with the necessary tools and empower them to achieve total customer satisfaction
- To be a responsible corporate citizen and contribute to improvement of the community.
- To achieve a ROI in the top 10% of our industry.
- To concentrate our efforts in our core competencies, yet cultivate the ability to move quickly to capitalize on business opportunities by forming strategic alliances with complementary partners, including clients.
- To continually improve and reinvent ourselves to insure we understand our clients’ needs.